By Buba Gagigo
Hon. Kebba Jallow, the Party Leader of the People’s Progressive Party, said he told Seedy Njie, the Deputy Spokesperson of the National People’s Party, that the PPP will contest the upcoming Local Government elections on its own following their exclusion from the coalition list of parties released the NPP earlier last week.
“We were at a PPP Meeting after receiving the NPP list. I called Seedy Njie and told him that we have a paper in front of us listing NPP coalition partners for the Local Government elections, and we are at a meeting and need clarification on the content. We need to know whether it is authentic or not. He asked us to put the phone on the speaker at the meeting. We obliged and put the phone on speaker. He told us that he was sorry and that it was his fault, but it was not their intention.
“I asked him what happened then. We need clarification. I told him that we cannot be left in the cold. We have to find out ourselves whether to contest or not to contest after the conclusion of our meeting. I told him I will come back to you after our meeting. At night, he called me again, I told him we have decided that we will contest the elections. We will not let these things down. When I explained that to him, he understood and since then we did not speak. It was confirmed by seedy that what is on the paper was the fact, and it was agreed upon by a committee,” he said.
Hon. Kebba Jallow made these remarks on the Brunch on Saturday after the National People’s Party (NPP) revealed the National Reconciliation Party (NRP) and Alliance for Patriotic Re-orientation and Construction (APRC) as their partners for the upcoming Local Government Elections.