By Buba Gagigo
Gawsu Camara, has blame the National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC) for the burning of their compound Saturday night.
“I have tried a lot to engage NAWEC before this problem. Myself applied for this meter. I was not comfortable with the meter when it was fixed because it switched off and on itself. I reported the matter to NAWEC but they told me there are people responsible for that and they told me to go there. I went to their Latrikunda branch but they told me to go to their complain office, I went to compliment office and met one Muhammed,” Gawsu Camara who spoke on behalf of the family told Kerr Fatou.
Gawsu Camara said he discussed with him (Muhammed) to help them out but nothing was done;
“I tried my best because I went to NAWEC’s Latrikunda branch for three to four times just for this meter issue. They said it was my wiring that have problem. I called the wireman he checked everything was okay. I lodge the same compliment at their West Field branch also, I went there for three to four times. They gave me numbers to call, I called them but they never come. The responds is always I am working somewhere but I might come through there,” he said.
On how the fire started, Gawsu Camara said the fire started on the same meter that said was not the problem;
“The fire started at the meter at a time all of us were sleeping. The wire that comes from the meter to the house cough fire and get inside the house. The compound is a ‘Dara’ too and have lost all the Quranic books, the sponges of the children, laptops, cash etc. We lost everything. The breadwinner of this family is not alive and all his children are young and going to school. We appeal for help from anyone who can come to our aid,” he concluded.
For support you can contact them on 2429319.