Justice ministry reveals names of intended TRRC commissioners
The Ministry of Justice has just unveiled the names of the 11 persons intended for appointment as commissioners of the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparation Commission.
The list has been released for public scrutiny and all objections should be directed to the Ministry of Justice.
Below is the public notice from the justice ministry:
Members of the general public are hereby informed that following public calls for nominations of suitable persons in the Greater Banjul Area, the Diaspora and the conclusion of regional selection processes, His Excellency, Mr. Adama Barrow, President of the Republic of The Gambia, intends to appoint the following persons as Commissioners to the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparations Commission (TRRC):
- Mr. Mori Kebba Janneh: Chairperson – Former Under Secretary General of the United Nations at the Economic Commission for Africa and current Head of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Ms. Adelaide Sosseh Gaye: Deputy Chairperson – Former Principal Saint Joseph’s High School, Gender Consultant and Retired Educationist.
- Ms. Anna Ngalu Jones- member – National Coordinator, West African Network for Peace-building, The Gambia (WANEP). Peace and conflict resolution expert.
- Mr. Mustapha Kah: Member of the National Youth Council. A graduate in Political Science and Law and currently working at the Ministry of Basic & Secondary Education (MOBSE)
- Mr. Abdourahman Sey: Member representing the Central River Region. He is an Imam
- Ms. Ma Nyima Bojang: Member representing the West Coast Region. She is a teacher.
- Ms. Amie Samba: Member representing Lower River Region. She is a retired civil servant
- Mr. Lang Kinteh: Member North Bank Region. Retired civil servant.
- Mr. Jammeh Ceesay: Member representing Upper River Region. He is a farmer and the Agric Sub Head of the Village Development Committee (VDC)
- Bishop James Yaw Allen Odico: Member – Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of The Gambia.
- Imam Ousainou Jallow: Member – Imam, Pipeline Mosque.
In accordance with the TRRC Act 2017, the Commission shall consist of eleven members, all of whom shall be citizens of The Gambia appointed from amongst persons of high moral character and integrity who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields of vocation or communities.
The President shall have regard to the geographical, religious, cultural and gender diversity of The Gambia in appointing members of the Commission. In this regard, any member of the public who has any objection to the appointment of any of the above mentioned persons should indicate his or her objection with reasons through a letter addressed to the Honourable Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Ministry of Justice, Marina Parade, Banjul, not later than the 30th day of August, 2018.
Comments are closed.