The Gambia and Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) on Monday 11 April 2022 in Banjul signed a Headquarters Agreement relating to the establishment of an AUF National Office in The Gambia.
The purpose of this Headquarters Agreement is to define between the Government and AUF, the rights and obligations of AUF Gambia, which aims to:
· Represent AUF to the Gambian authorities
· Promote all AUF activities in The Gambia
· Offer the skills of AUF and its network to the monitoring of projects carried out in partnership in The Gambia
· Assist member institutions in The Gambia in the development of both open and distance learning
· Support the production of educational and scientific content
· Promote the appropriation of information and communication technologies
The signing ceremony was done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad by H.E. Dr. Mamadou Tangara, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Prof. Slim Khalbous, Director of L’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF).
Present at the signing ceremony were the Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology – Mr. Badara Joof, the Vice Chancellor of the University of The Gambia – Prof. Dr. Herbert Robinson, and Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Higher Education – Mr. Mod A.K Secka.