UDP’s Yusupha Cham got re-elected as the regional chairman of the West Coast Region
The elected West Coast Region chairman of the United Democratic Party, Yusupha Cham, has described his re-election as a prove of his loyalty to the party, after several months of rumours that he is in the “emerging camp” of President Adama Barrow.
There has been rumours of division in UDP as its long-term leader Ousainou Darboe and President Barrow reportedly battle for influence ahead of party’s congress in December.
Some UDP members were accused of choosing Barrow over Darboe as favourites to becoming party’s 2021 presidential aspirant.
But Cham said any rumours of his disloyalty to the UDP has been proven as a lie by the electorates.
“My victory has proven many people wrong today—it has defeated a lie. Everything they are talking about… was a lie but the truth has prevailed today. The people of West Coast Region have elected me as their chairperson once again,” said Cham.
“The next mission from here is to ensure that I reunite the UDP supporters in the West Coast Region but I want to emphasize that there are no factions in the party.”
THE NEW UDP WCR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Chairman: Yusupha Cham.
- 1st Vice: Abdou Darboe.
- 2nd Vice Chairman: Buba Bojang.
- Sec. Gen/ Coordinator: Lamin Saidybah
- Deputy Secretary General/ Deputy Coordinator: Yankuba Manneh.
- Teasurer: Sirimang kuyateh
- Deputy Treasurer: Ebrima Bah
- Auditor: Momodou Salifu Barry
- Deputy Auditor: Ousman Marreh
- Campaign Managress: Aramata Demba
- Deputy Campaign Manager: Faye Bojang
- Women Wing Chairperson: Yamundow Jaye Yaboe
- 1st Vice Chairperson: Nogoie Njie
- 2nd Vice Chairperson: Jakongba Jaiteh
- Women Wing Sec Gen: Fatu Cham
- Regional Youth Coordinator: Sarjoe Darboe
- 1st Deputy Youth Coordinator: Buba M Sanneh.
- 2nd Deputy Youth Coordinator: Landing Nyass
- Youth Sec. General: Ousman Bah
- Female Youth Mobiliser: Faou Bojang.
- 1st Deputy Female Youth Mobiliser: Maimuna Ceesay.
- 2nd Deputy Female Youth Mobiliser: Oumie Danso
- Female Youth Sec. General: Mariama Camara
The first elective congress of the party has been cancelled due to conflict between warring factions within the party.