REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES – RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Selection of an Individual Consultant for the Position of Communication & Visibility Expert to Develop a Plan for Humanitarian Operations and Disaster Risk Management
Reference No. 3-ECW-/VP-DBT/CL/14-04/ne
- The ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of its budget for the recruitment of the short-term services of an Individual Consultant to develop a Communication and Visibility Plan for the ECOWAS Directorate of Humanitarian and Social Affairs (DHSA), that will add value to ECOWAS humanitarian operations and disaster risk management at the level of the ECOWAS Commission and Member States.
- The scope of work includes developing a Communication and Visibility Plan for the DHSA, applying best practices to fill the gap that exists in information dissemination and sensitisation of the public, particularly Member States on ECOWAS humanitarian activities in the region. He/she will ensure that modern approaches, tools and methods are applied for optimum results.
- The duration of the short-term contract will be for a period of three (3) months from start date.
- The services to be provided by the Consultant (“the Services”) shall take into consideration the following duties and responsibilities:
- Create written and visual communication materials on humanitarian project activities to promote the progress and the ECOWAS visibility according to the ECOWAS macro communication and visibility plan.
- Develop and strengthen an ECOWAS humanitarian communication and visibility structure that will project humanitarian and disaster risk management actions at the levels of the Commission and Member States.
- Create a humanitarian brand identity and ensure that it is applied in written and visual materials of ECOWAS humanitarian projects.
- Identify specific communication activities that can be implemented as part of the Communication and Visibility Plan in the short, Medium and Long Term and the Budget Implications.
- Develop standard guidelines and align communication materials with the guidelines.
- Design a digital and print kit for ECOWAS humanitarian events and meetings.
- Capture high-quality photographs and short videos of project activities to create online and offline visual archive for the project.
- The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Individual Consultants shall provide information showing that they have the qualifications and experience to provide the requested services. The applicants are to meet the criteria set out below:
- Advanced university degree/ or professional qualification in either Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Arts, or the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public relations, communications, or social sciences.
- Experience working in an international setting.
- At least five (5) years of experience in graphic design.
- Good knowledge of audio-visual production.
- Experience in corporate communication and communication strategy design & implementation.
- At least three (3) years’ experience/knowledge of ECOWAS funded projects and visibility rules and familiarity with ECOWAS guidelines.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS communication product policies.
- Experience in the development of communication and information management materials will be an added value.
- Experience in event planning.
- Experience in giving training or developing training content will be a plus.
- Experience in working with government institutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative methods in the humanitarian aid/development sector.
- Experience in preparing, planning, and monitoring consultancies in the M&E field.
- Awareness and knowledge of ethical issues related to M&E: do no harm and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Ability to work independently, as well as to provide support and advice.
- Ability to create a cooperative and collaborative environment.
- Command of supporting and advising roles and competencies.
- Analytical skills.
- Discipline, precision, transparency, and intellectual honesty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in constructive negotiations) in all areas (internal and external), active listening skills.
- Flexibility, openness, and adaptability.
- Results-oriented focus and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn from negative experiences, capitalizing on errors and seizing opportunities.
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of any of the ECOWAS official languages (English, French and Portuguese), oral and written.
(NB: The ECOWAS Commission would like to draw the attention of interested consultants to Article 117 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code on “Fraud and Corruption”, which provides information on fraudulent or corrupt practices in competition or contract execution. Furthermore, candidates are invited to take cognisance of the specific information on conflict of interest related to this consultancy service, under Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code.)
- The selection of the Consultant will be made following the criteria for the Selection of Individual Consultants set out in the Guidelines for Consultants. Interested consultants may obtain more information by contacting the Procurement Division at the email below during working hours, i.e., Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT +1). Email: email@example.com, with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expressions of interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be submitted in sealed envelopes marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant for the Position of Communication & Visibility Expert to Develop a Plan for Humanitarian Operations and Disaster Risk Management”, no later than Monday, 8th May 2023 at 11:00 a.m. (GMT+1, Nigerian time) to the following address:
Department of Internal Services, Procurement Division, 1st Floor, ECOWAS Commission Headquarters, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, Nigeria.
Please note that electronic submissions are also ACCEPTED and should be sent to the email addresses mentioned above in paragraph 6.
Commissioner for Internal Services